Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch service is growing at rapid clip, connecting millions of creators with millions of viewers. Connecting the right viewers to the right creators helps build the community and strengthens the service. A large part of this discovery is guided by Machine Learning (ML) based recommendation systems. Twitch is looking for an Applied Science Manager to lead our Content Representations team. As the Manager, you will lead the development of representations for the next-generation recommendation systems using state-of-the-art in machine learning (ML) with an outstanding team of engineers and scientists, and report to the Director of Recommendations. You will use your experience managing a team and scalable processes to help grow your team's impact and scope, and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered. You will work cross-team with product and program leadership, and will see your work used to power discovery products across Twitch. You will work towards helping Twitch viewers and content creators build thriving communities by helping viewers find relevant content and helping creators get discovered.
- Lead a science & engineering team to build quality software with accurate timelines
- Develop engineers and scientists with a focus on technical development and positive team culture
- Establish the technical strategy for content representations and candidate generation and manage execution
- Participate in road mapping, goal setting, and regular reporting of progress
- Design solutions and tools to alleviate customer pain points
- Collaborate with peer teams and Twitch leadership
- 1+ years as a Science/ML Manager in a consumer products focused company
- 5+ years of overall technical experience, including design and implementation of data centric production systems or ML projects
- Experience in attracting, hiring, growing and retaining engineering talent
- Willingness to accept feedback from teammates
- Experience leading teams designing and operating consumer-facing applications
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience in explaining technical concepts to senior leadership and to non-technical audiences
- Experience building B2C (business to consumer) products
- Worked in or led machine learning teams
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services AWS and big data analytics technologies
- Experience in designing, building and rolling out recommendation algorithms and systems to users
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $194,670 - $237,930 yr and in New York City is $214,110 - $261,690 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7084
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed