Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to drive and manage the day-to-day needs and workflow on our third feature film. They will oversee Visual Development as it transitions into Shot Production. The ideal candidate is a proactive and positive team-player, with the ability to multi-task amongst shifting priorities. They are an experienced leader who can motivate an international team within a constantly changing environment. This position will be based out of Skydance Animation East and requires residency in Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey.
- Strong working knowledge of Art department needs on an animated production as it moves into asset production
- Work alongside Producer to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements
- Understands how budget, scheduling, and overtime are affected by changes; ensure weekly quotas, department milestones, and inventory expectations are met
- Assign artist work, drive and manage schedules and workload, coordinate timely availability of resources
- Proactively predict and communicate as new assignments are needed; partner with Producer to continuously update statuses
- Attend reviews and communicate specific action items to departments, artists, etc.
- Create and update databases as required with notes, statuses, other information
- Create and update production management tools and schedules
- Supervise and mentor cross-site (Los Angeles/Madrid) Production Coordinators and Production Assistants
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Previous experience Supervising on animated feature production(s)
- Strong managerial experience, leading a team within a professional, fast-paced environment
- Previous experience using Shotgrid or comparable tracking software
- Overseas vendor production experience, a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suites
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining proactive communication with team
- Ability to maintain positive attitude while anticipating issues and proactively identifying to solve and address
- Residency in Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Connecticut New York / New Jersey /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed