Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
Psyonix Audio team is looking for a smart, creative Audio Design Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In This Role You Will:
- Designing sounds for Rocket League and Associated Marketing Materials
- Collaborate with other disciplines to learn appropriate processes for audio content delivery.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects using industry standard methods and tools.
- Import, Implement, and Manage multistep processes for Audio Content.
- Navigate and implement feedback from multiple sources.
- Ensure quality of final assets by playtesting and gathering feedback.
What We’re Looking For:
- Familiarity with the holistic game audio process (i.e. - Sound Design, Voice Over, Technology, Player Experience)
- Proficient in at least one DAW (ProTools, Reaper, Ableton, etc)
- Basic Knowledge of sound design and/or voice over implementation methods
- Basic Knowledge of one audio middleware or engine (i.e. - Wwise, Fmod, Unreal)
- Good critical listening skills
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed