PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2023.
Character Technical Art Intern
Playa Vista, CA or Remote
Animator and programmer or programmer and character artist – which are you? No matter: you bridge tech and character. You understand the creative process; you have an artistic sensibility, and an eye for animation. And you can rig. Above all you collaborate with character artists and animators to deliver the highest quality vision of the game. Talent, initiative, collaboration – bring them all. We are a large team that fundamentally works together across all disciplines.
- Create and maintain animation rigs and tools
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface collaboratively with character artists and animators
- Identify problems; solve them by inventing or building robust technical implementations
- Seniors and juniors graduating between December 2022 through June 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art, or related field
- Good knowledge of Maya and understanding of Maya’s rigging tools
- Knowledge of animation technologies, workflows and processes
- A keen eye for proper form throughout a wide range of movement
- Exposure to character modeling and polygon topology related to character deformations
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Familiarity with 3D math and related concepts
- Working knowledge of MEL or Python (Preferred)
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Professional quality animation
- At least one complete self-driven, self-created game project (any size, any genre, any platform)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed