PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Director to join the Mobile PlayStation Business Development Team to lead strategic partnerships.
You are a professional who brings experience evaluating and identifying mobile game companies to bring ideas to life with. You are seen as a trusted partner and have strong relationships with external company leadership. You are able to partner with the PlayStation Corporate Development Team to assess potential merger and acquisition deals as well as opportunities for investment, co-development, and licensing partnerships.
In this role you will need a global perspective that can bring in long term strategic advantage for the PlayStation organization. You possess strong project management skills and deep knowledge of working with the GDF process. In this role you will spend significant time looking for synergies between the broader PlayStation mobile strategy and the capabilities of external studios and partners.
This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to make a deep impact on an exciting new organization at Sony PlayStation.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner closely with the PlayStation’s M&A & Corporate Development teams to evaluate companies for partnership & investment
- Research, source and analyze new acquisitions and partnership opportunities that align with PlayStation mobile strategy
- Create and maintain detailed repository to evaluate potential strategic partnerships, acquisitions, or other investment opportunities that help accelerate the growth of the business
- Capture relevant business intelligence and track industry trends and KPIs for the industry across genres to assess strategic fit within PlayStation’s portfolio and roadmap
- Update internal stakeholders regularly on industry trends
- Actively participate in Investment Committee meetings, delivering partnership analyses and recommendations (pass / proceed) to Executive team
- Provide transactional leadership for agreement negotiations and transaction execution with targets and their advisors as
- Work closely and coordinate activities with other departments including BD, Corporate Development, Product, Marketing, and Legal as they pertain to deals and strategic initiatives Assist with financial modelling needs for other special projects or financings as required
- Work with respective Corporate Development teams and external advisors on post-acquisition integration, ensuring successful delivery of checklist items (operations, communications, FP&A, workflows, BI). Identify, analyze and monitor KPIs to effectively track the performance of completed transactions and communicate the results to stakeholders
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in similar capacity, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, business development, investment banking, or corporate development experience
- A Highly collaborative style and adept at navigating large scale organization and working cross functionally
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills, with ability to operate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop consensus and create structure in an unstructured environment.
- Experience building and analyzing financial models
- Strong financial acumen and deep understanding of valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- A research driven mindset that’s anchored in curiosity and balanced with excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and innovative approach to work and a desire to succeed in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to juggle a complex set of tasks, goals, and priorities with a smile
- Knowledge and experience of the digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- An Advanced degree or Equivalent Experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed