Do you have experience in game development and a particular interest in graphics and rendering? Insomniac Games is looking for an Engine Programmer to join its Core Technology department and focus on the development of its AAA game engine as a member of its rendering team. Candidates may be considered at higher seniority levels. This job is primarily individual contribution, with support, peer mentoring, and planning responsibilities as appropriate. You'll be developing ownership over an area of Insomniac's renderer, creating forward-looking and cutting-edge features to support the needs of the production teams building games such as Marvel's Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank.
The Core Technology department at Insomniac includes programmers and technical artists who work outside of any direct project schedules and deliverables, offering some independence and self-management to individuals on the team. They maintain close communication with the production teams, ensuring that the engine team has a direct relationship with the people using their tools and tech to build games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Design and develop game engine technology based on direction or feedback from team leads
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level pipelines
- Design and implement tools that facilitate content creators in developing game assets
- Maintain and update existing systems for increased functionality and performance
- Maintain familiarity with the capabilities and limitations of specific game platform hardware
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Document technical implementation details
- Work with production teams to analyze and address development challenges
- Educate production teams on technology and engine functionality
- Respond to bug reports, feature requests, and questions related to engine technology
- Maintain current knowledge of technological developments in the game industry
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of the game engine landscape and modern engine feature sets
- Experience with game engine programming or a related field
- Experience with modern rendering pipelines and the techniques therein
- Strong C++ and HLSL programming abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed