Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We are seeking an experienced 3D Artist to join our team at Frontier to work on our highly successful Planet titles.
In 2016, Frontier Developments launched a brand-new park management franchise in the form of Planet Coaster which drew inspiration from our extensive experience in the field to deliver a world-class continuation of a much-loved genre. Planet Zoo followed in 2019 and in 2020 Planet Coaster was brought to console. The Planet Franchise offers the player an extensive suite of tools and strategies to create and manage their very own theme parks and zoos in a charming, vibrant world for builders of all ages.
You need to be an experienced artist, comfortable following a concept in detail combining your understanding of a game’s visual style and real-time world art to take even a loose sketch to an inspiring location in-game.
- Create and maintain fully textured 3D prop and modular assets and comfortable working with large-scale locations
- Work with fellow artists, both inside and outside the company to maintain the highest quality throughout the game world
- Work with the Designers to ensure environments are unified in both fidelity and play experience
- The ability to create believable, stylised artwork
- Proven skills in photorealistic surfacing using tools such as Substance or Quixel
- Experience with PBR and a real-time engines
- Experience in working on a game team either commercially or on a completed mod with multiple releases
- Ability to appreciate, respond to and provide constructive critique
- Able to communicate ideas within a team through well-honed drawn skills, both digitally and in traditional media
- Desire to collaborate to create an immersive game world
- A keen eye for creating a realistic and believable world
- Show initiative and be proactive to get the best from a Game Engine
- Strong modelling skills, preferably in Maya
- Great understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into the environment
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Strong traditional art skills
- Modelling skills outside of hard-surface; versatility is valuable
- Experience in organic modelling using ZBrush, Mudbox or similar
- Experience using Substance Painter and Designer
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Hybrid / Remote /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed