PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Game Design Intern
San Diego, CA or Remote
The MLB The Show Feature Design Team supports some of the core pillars of the project: Diamond Dynasty, Road to the Show, March to October and Franchise. These modes provide a variety of innovative experiences that are designed by our team and are fundamentally tied to the success of the title. In addition, our highly successful live services, which provide vital post-launch revenue and are a model for the rest of the company, are primarily housed in Diamond Dynasty mode, the core principles of which are designed by our team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, UI/UX design, artists, and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative gameplay
- Build documentation, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate gameplay and design ideas
- Present designs to peers and partners while clearly communicating design rationale
- Visually and verbally articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the team project
- Establish and promote best practices, and share these with other cross-functional teams
- Conceptualize new systems, as needed, in order to set a higher standard within established IP
- Scope work, to fit within milestone deadlines and deliver on time
- Research and experiment with new implementation and creation techniques
- Rising senior, projected to graduate by Spring 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Game Design or a related field
- Demonstrate design skills with a strong portfolio
- Be up to date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technology
- Experience with logic trees, flow charting, analytical/mathematical balancing
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes as well as clear documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed