PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our Programming team at Insomniac Games is growing and we're looking for talented gameplay programmers to help us build multiplayer features and systems for an exciting new project! With responsibilities ranging from enemies and bosses to crowd sim and progression systems, gameplay programmers work closely with designers, animators and artists to bring gameplay mechanics to life. If you’re passionate about “finding the fun” in multiplayer games, then this is the role for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and implements various multiplayer gameplay features including AI, weapons, systems and more
- Works closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Builds and improves proprietary tools to expose gameplay features and systems to content creators
- Solicits feedback from the team on how to streamline workflow and improve efficiency
- Provides time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, (desired) and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrices and matrix transformations, and the various different representations of rotations (Euler, angle-axis, quaternion)
- The basics of intersection testing and collision are a plus
- Proficient with an application programming language (C++)
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms
- Familiarity with common game object replication patterns and network architectures a plus
- Dedication towards individual and team growth
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment
- Ability to drive the creation of fun and innovative gameplay
- Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables
- Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed