Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Hard Surface Artist for a key role working on Alan Wake 2.
As a Hard Surface Artist, you’ll be part of a team creating high quality 3D hard surface assets that contribute to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to closely work together with other artists and designers and creatively participate in all steps of the project. From early concept to final product.
The hard surface team is a small and warm team where everyone is contributing toward a friendly and inclusive work environment. If you thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and learning from others, apply today!
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- As a Hard Surface Artist, you will create realistic 3D hard surface assets (weapons, vehicles, etc.) that fit the overall style of the project working from concepts/references and expanding them creatively
- Working in a collaborative team where we help and support each other's development.
- Actively communicate with different departments and provide accurate time estimations for your work
What you bring to the role
- You have work experience of shipped projects as Hard Surface Artist or similar roles on 1st or 3rd person titles
- A portfolio that demonstrates an interest for mechanical devices and hard surface modelling
- You are familiar working either within Maya, 3DS Max, Blender or other 3D software packages
- You have an excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines
- Good high poly modelling skills and experience with creating PBR materials
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues. With some of our senior roles we can consider full-time remote options within Europe.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV or LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed