We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Head of Product Marketing who will work closely with the Game Directors and other Heads of Publishing to market our games so that players can discover our games and uncover the amazing narrative world within our casual games.
The Head of Product Marketing will have primary ownership for creating a clear growth strategy for new and live games at Wooga, by leading the existing Product Marketing Managers and further building out the team at Wooga. Areas of responsibility of the team include overall growth marketing plans for each Wooga game, CRM, ASO, Offline marketing campaigns, and player insights. To achieve this, the Head of Product Marketing will ensure a high level of productivity, agility, and health of their teams while executing cross-team marketing efforts. The Head of Product Marketing is a part of the Publishing leadership group at Wooga and will report directly to the VP of Publishing.
What you will be doing
Driving Wooga’s success
- As part of the Publishing leadership team, you will be the driving efforts in our purpose to scale the presence of Wooga brand and Wooga games globally and across current and new platforms.
- Wooga’s vision is to become the player’s choice for story-driven casual games. You will define marketing strategies to secure the growth of our products on a global scale, expand our players’ community and drive their engagement.
- Wooga’s purpose is to inspire joy in work and play. You will help create an environment where Wooga employees can grow while delivering impact, and experience joy while working with each other to build towards our vision.
Leading the Product Marketing Function
- Guide a team of product marketing professionals to drive growth throughout the entire lifecycle of a game, from player insights for new and live games, to the go-to-market strategy for launching our new games, to the ongoing audience growth strategy of our live games through a variety of mediums (TV, radio, podcast, etc).
- Define and continually push the quality bar of the Product Marketing Manager discipline at Wooga
- Structure the Product Marketing teams to effectively work with the game teams to achieve audience growth goals, and common Wooga company goals
- You will be the voice and ambassador of our players, inside and outside of Wooga.
Leading the People
- Coaching the product marketing managers toward personal results, as well as holding them accountable for common goals.
- Driving initiatives to hire and develop talent in Product Marketing at Wooga.
- Proven marketing leadership experience with a proven track record of success as a seasoned people manager coming from the gaming industry (preferably mobile free-to-play)
- Excellent coaching skills, with the ability to transform business needs into tangible goals.
- Subject matter expertise in product marketing and growth strategy, as well as experience in successfully managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels.
- Strategic thinking about what markets to expand/focus on (certain countries; certain technical platforms; etc.) combined with operational knowledge (UA, Product Marketing,etc.)
- Deep knowledge of player behaviors, market trends, and business models.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed