Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You lead with humility in all that you do.You’re not just a problem solver, but a proactive, investigational IT leader. You elevate and develop those around you by sharing your knowledge and inspiring your team to approach new challenges with curiosity. You are known for offering support through clarity to complex problems and are there to help those with less technical knowledge. You can recognize when obstacles may be on the horizon and immediately spring into action to shape a plan by utilizing resources and collaborating with stakeholders.
You are ready to help lead Timbre into a bold IT future, utilizing and analyzing software and cloud-based systems – keeping us nimble and agile. You will probably need to reset a few passwords while you’re at it....
What you’ll Accomplish as IT MANAGER at Timbre Games:
- Foster a growing IT department as our technical requirements develop and change
- Help integrate and optimize game-related technologies like Perforce, TeamCity, and equipment for all the current game consoles
- Be instrumental in building a new office for Timbre from the ground up, designed around the latest thinking in hybrid workplace technology
- Shape relationships with our internal and external teams to test, select and implement new tools and service improvements, ensuring we are always running on state-of-the-art technology
- Partner with Sumo Group IT to protect sensitive IP information and maintain a safe network
- Work directly with Timbre leadership to find solutions and better pathways for performance in a technical and software environment.
- Ensure data integrity and provide leadership and guidance around encryption and authentication methods for all of our locations in Canada while being cognizant of ISO 27001 and GDPR in our studio's global environment.
- Manage and mentor the Timbre IT team including overseeing their duties, career development and overall engagement
- Establish and uphold vendor and service provider relationships
- Work alongside accounting to manage budgetary requirements of the department
- Configure and deploy local IT end user equipment, software, and infrastructure - working with the wider IT team to ensure standards are maintained
- Advance analysis of hardware needs – proactively maintaining a pipeline of equipment.
- Carry out regular service reviews, and find solutions / improvements – partnering with SUMO IT.
Your Track Record Might Include:
- Managing and helping to elevate a team of IT members
- Project Management within a growing technology company
- Track record influencing leadership decisions related to IT optimization and studio performance
- Conceptualizing, researching, pitching, testing, implementing, running and troubleshooting new technologies
- An expansive and broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure including server, storage and network hardware
- Experience in dealing with IT security practices, ideally in a similar high technology or IP based environment
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
We Welcome ALL to Apply!
At Timbre Games, we believe that 'Culture drives Creative' and we celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create! If you are excited about what we’re building at Timbre Games, we want to hear from you, even if you don’t think you check all the boxes!
Get in touch to explore the possibilities! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload a link to your portfolio/github for us to review if applicable!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed