In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
The Lead Engineer will work with the Senior Engineering Manager, Senior Product Manager and Principal Applied Scientist as part of the wider leadership team for these workstreams. The Principal Engineer will work directly with the teams to help develop the product roadmap and unblock technical issues. They will need to have a view across all workstreams to ensure their output is aligned and engineered appropriately. This is a leadership role, however, this is not a management position and the individual will not have any direct reports. This is a greenfield opportunity and as such, there is some scope for the individual to shape this role around the needs and composition of the teams. This will be a hands-on role to work with the teams directly and has a core strategic and future-looking component.
- Get involved across all aspects of the engineering workflow both as contributor and lead / reviewer. This includes: reviews, architecture design documentation, prototyping, concepting, technology selection and data strategy
- Coaching and mentoring a team of engineers, guiding them towards best practices
- Able to make design and execution decisions, manage stakeholders, influence change and enable multiple teams to deliver successfully
- Understanding our users’ current requirements, and anticipating future needs.
- Working with other engineering teams to create enabling technologies, to provide the best practice experience in building models on our platform
- Maintain a deep understanding of our platform technologies and tooling capabilities, and help to inform their development
- Own the frontend architectural and integration decisions for the Modelling and Decision Sciences area
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience using Node.js and associated frameworks (e.g. Express, NestJS, Gatsby) to develop websites and APIs
- Experience with containerised deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP) not mandatory but a plus
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices such as git branching, automated tests and automated deployment pipelines
- You have excellent engineering and problem solving skills, and are able to design solutions under product, technology, scientific, and security constraints
- You are product focused, and passionate about ensuring that users understand and can easily interact with our tools
- You have an engineering delivery mindset: making difficult priority and technical choices that need to be made to meet an organisational goal.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed