Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you an inventive and experienced narrative design leader who thrives in a creative, collaborative team and loves the challenge of new crafting worlds and stories?
The Narrative Design Director is the vision-holder for Digital Publishing’s worldbuilding and incubation team reporting to the Studio Creative Director. This team is a centralized resource that builds immersive and quality stories and settings across multiple worlds and digital titles. The Narrative Design Director enables their team to build spectacular settings based on quality, cohesion, and human connection; marrying narrative, story, and aesthetic vision to create outstanding worlds and stories.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive engaging and immersive worldbuilding, story, and character development for our 2nd and 3rd-party projects.
- Lead incubation of new game ideas from ideation through pre-production.
- Partner with project Creative Directors and Principal Art Director in strategic creative initiatives from development through successful execution of digital game experiences.
- Act as a thought partner and ear to the ground for team leadership; surface issues, roadblocks, and concerns from the org, and drive alignment and consensus for projects and priorities.
- Serve as connective tissue across our digital games and tabletop studios from a worldbuilding, character, and story-driven perspective.
- Lead development of presentation materials for high-visibility meetings (executive reviews, all hands, etc)
- Manage, coach, and grow the narrative design FTE and global narrative talent.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience: Multiple years of growing responsibility as a creative leader in the digital game industry. Experience as an Art Director, Narrative Lead, or Creative Lead able to straddle both is ideal.
- Clear and unique vision: A creative able to establish, decide upon, and communicate a clear vision to the rest of their team and outside studios.
- High integrity: A trusted advisor and driver with high EQ and low ego.
- Strong intellectual curiosity: Has held several diverse creative roles that would allow for rapid on-ramping onto a variety of new initiatives.
- Able to prioritize and direct: Experience in navigating multiple simultaneous projects and negotiating efficient solutions across cross-functional teams.
- Pragmatism balanced with big creative ideas: Have the capacity for best-in-class creative blue sky paired with a pragmatic approach for how to make it happen
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed