Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Under the supervision of the Narrative Director and the Creative Director, the Narrative Designer will create the narrative structure, scenarios, and dialogues for each of the missions under his/her responsibility while respecting the narrative direction of the game.
- Write and implement narrative content for each of the missions under his/her responsibility;
- Collaborate with the arts, design and technical departments to bring our worlds and stories to life;
- Participate in the development of tools and technologies to improve the narrative flow;
- Support other departments in their writing, design, storytelling or other game needs as required or requested;
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams on scenario creation and implementation;
- Seek to improve pace and narrative integration based on the game experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience as a Narrative Designer or Writer in the game industry;
- Experience creating, designing, or directing game stories or other storytelling experiences;
- Professional experience with game development;
- Excellent skills to bring interactive stories to life;
- Strong multidisciplinary skills;
- Interest and passion for interactive storytelling;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good understanding of storytelling, game design, and the game industry;
- Excellent creative writing abilities;
- Experience with professional game design tools (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Constriction Kit);
- Experience with linear and non-linear narrative structures
Apply for this job
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed