PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Paralegal, PlayStation Studios
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a hardworking Paralegal who wants to work on ground breaking tech product development, marketing, IP, and entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal Clearance Team. This position supports the PlayStation video game products and services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides ambitious legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
- Review video games in development to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards and industry standards.
- Review packaging, digital store content and marketing materials to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as ESRB Guidelines).
- Review marketing materials for PlayStation Store, video games, and TV and video services.
- Coordinate promotions including:
- Draft sweepstakes and contest rules.
- Draft affidavits and releases.
- Reviewing marketing creative for compliance with promotion laws, company standards and industry standards.
- Perform trademark clearance searches.
- Review of marketing materials for PlayStation network services.
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing and Product Development groups on all topics listed above.
- At least 4 years Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions or Entertainment Law Experience in House or at a Law Firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Paralegal experience.
- Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law.
- Ability to multi-task and optimally assess priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience in entertainment industry a plus.
- Experience with technology and video games a plus.
- A sense of humor required.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed