PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: PlayStation Studios – San Diego Studio – Perforce Engineer
Why PlayStation? Why San Diego Studio?
The crack of the bat, the play by play from the announcer and the roar of the crowd are the essence of a day at the ballpark! Bringing this energy and excitement to our fans with MLB The Show in the most realist fashion possible is just one aspect of the game that has helped to make it the top selling baseball game series that we’ve all come to know and enjoy. If you would like to be a part of the team that brings the game to life, then this is your chance! San Diego Studio, maker of MLB The Show, is looking to add a Perforce Engineer to our All-Star line-up….”
We are looking for a Perforce Engineer to join our award-winning team. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Perforce Engineer collaborating with our game development teams, we strive to create the best experience for our gamers, from the inside out.
Maintaining and growing our perforce tools, working with our developers and artists to maximize our investment in our Perforce environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting artist and designers with their perforce questions
- Evolving and maintaining tools integration in perforce
- Support current Perforce python modules and scripts
- Innovate with new tools based on tool’s Perforce needs
- Primary support for Perforce (Helix Core) server and client management and maintenance
- Perform regular maintenance tasks including application patching, application/plugin updates, and configuration changes
- Collaborate with the IT team and Core Tech for continuous integration design and optimization
- Collaborate with the Core Tech team for integration and optimization of our Tools and our Perforce integration
- Collaborate with the Game Team for optimization and stability for integrations and branching
- Train Artists and Designers on Perforce client use, optimization, and best practices
- Support and training for staff using Helix Swarm
- Support usage and conversion from branches to Perforce streams
- Define requirements for hosted servers and cloud services to support Perforce Continuous Integration workflows
- Create and implement a backup and disaster recovery and archiving process for our Perforce instance
- Contribute to decision making on the prioritization and planning of work around Perforce
- Partner with the greater SIE teams and studios to facilitate project collaboration
- Define, implement, and continuously improve workflows and processes
- Other duties may be assigned
Relevant skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience supporting Perforce usage in large organizations or enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of Perforce (Helix Core) Source Code Management system
- Experience acting as a system administrator for Perforce running on Windows and Linux servers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Troubleshooting skills for both hardware, software and operating systems (Windows and Linux)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed