WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Building new game experiences requires both content and code, and we’re working on tools for both.
What You'll Do
As a Principal Language Fuzzing Engineer at Epic Games, you will be at the center of our mission to develop a new language for coding game experiences at metaverse scale. We are looking for someone with a passion for building and maintaining fuzzers that target programming language implementations. Your fuzzer will be used to validate the security, type safety, and specification compliance of a compiler and runtime for a new programming language.
In this role, you will
- Build a large scale fuzzer for a new programming language implementation
- Evolve the fuzzer as new language features or compiler optimizations land
- Add hooks to the compiler and runtime to make it more fuzzable
- Leverage the language's executable specification to build a differential variant of the fuzzer
- Work with the compiler team to develop a strategy for continuous fuzzer bug fix workflow
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Experience building and maintaining large scale fuzzers
- Track record of finding security bugs at scale using fuzzers
- Understanding of security best practices and modern exploit techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed