Who We Are
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What We Need:
A Principal Software Engineer at 31st is no stranger to conquering the technical and tactical challenges that come with delivering a complex project. Our San Mateo studio is looking for a Server/backend focused engineer to contribute on an exciting unannounced project that will thrill millions of players around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Develop server-side features on our title that will be used across multiple platforms
- Write clean, robust, readable, well-documented, and efficient code that can be easily understood
- Plan and complete assignments with little direction from leadership while providing direction in many situations
- Demonstrate the assignment and technology flexibility required to assist adjacent teams in an Agile team environment, and contribute as a leader to the processes
- Contribute to building the team by participating in the recruiting process and leading interviews
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and mentorship
- Help acclimate new team members to the 31st Union engineering environment
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 7+ years of programming experience developing server-side code
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Fluent in C++
- Fluent Python, PHP, Perl, or Ruby, with an emphasis on Python
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, robust engineering practices, and distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience developing AAA games
- An excellent teammate that takes joy in coding challenges, encourages suggestions from other team members, and provides feedback to others
- Candidates with a passion for games and solving large scale problems in that space
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration, and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed