Lab42 is a best-in-class cross-platform game developer based in Leamington Spa, UK. Since our founding as a small indie studio, our headcount has grown into a team full of talented, experienced people supported by a veteran management team with backgrounds from SEGA, Codemasters and EA.
As well as working on our own IP, we also offer co-development services to a growing list of clients, including Paradox, SEGA and Curve Digital. We work on some of the best titles around, such as Call of Duty, Crusader Kings, Yakuza, Star Wars Racer and much more, without losing touch with the anti-crunch and people-first values our studio was founded upon.
As winners of the GI Biz Best Places to Work award for the past 2 years running, our studio benefits from a friendly, supportive and empowering team culture. We encourage professional growth, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Lab42 is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, and we embrace all the elements that make our team unique. We’re an inclusive studio and welcome applications from qualified applicants of any background, regardless of race, age, disability, gender identity or neurodiversity.
Lab42 is looking for an experienced producer with a solid technology understanding, a proactive problem solver able to provide guidance and support for their team. We are a team built on mutual respect, trust, and sense of belonging, so we’re looking for a person who will thrive in such atmosphere. And a good sense of humor won’t hurt either.
- Effectively schedule and tracks tasks; making sure the project is headed in the right direction.
- Demonstrate technical expertise to meet role and project objectives.
- Maintain a proactive dialogue with the client, providing the necessary reports, negotiating any potential production priority/scheduling shifts in a timely manner, identifying risky assumptions, etc.
- Own the project risk management.
- Help identify obstacles that are impeding processes and work with senior staff to apply solutions.
- Encourage/facilitate a cross-discipline dialogue.
- Analyse available information and use your experience to define the workflows and practices best suited to the project in hand.
- Works with subject matter experts to develop pipelines and workflows that minimise risk, increase
- efficiency and quality as well as allowing for predictive planning.
- Supervise and manage the work of lower-level production staff.
- Proven track record of at least 1 shipped title (preferably, including a multi-platform release)
- Excellent knowledge of the key Project Management/Production methodologies
- Solid understanding of the estimation processes and techniques
- Very good grasp of the agile development principles
- Ability to identify multiple solutions to any problem and help the team in choosing the one most relevant to the specific situation
- An avid learner driven by pure curiosity and striving for constant improvement
- Great communication skills
- Passion about game development
- Ability to actively listen
- Positive outlook
Nice to have
- Multi-platform development experience
- Management of console technical certification process
- VR/AR platform development experience
- Experience working with proprietary engines
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
Why should you work at Lab42?
Lab42 was founded upon a people-first, anti-crunch culture, and we’ve stayed true to those values through all of our growth and success. Now part of the Sumo Digital family of studios, we enjoy all of the benefits and comradery of being part of a large games development organisation, without losing the friendly and flexible working environment that makes Lab42 a great place to work.
As part of Lab42, you’ll be able to work on both original IPs and some of the biggest and best games around – without having to sleep at your desk! Instead, we encourage a harmonious work-life balance that allows you to spend time with family and friends, while still enjoying a career in an exciting industry.
We believe in providing opportunities for internal career progression, and there is plenty of room to grow and fulfill your potential at Lab42. By prioritising the happiness and wellbeing of our staff, we have been joined by many industry veterans, and are proud to be a studio where people chose to stay, develop and grow through their Game Development careers.
Apply for this job
Location: Lab42 Games, Leamington Spa
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed