PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Development Production Intern
San Diego, CA or Remote
Sony San Diego Studio is looking for a Product Development Production Intern, ready to contribute at the center of people and process as part of our Production team. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader committed to the growth and well-being of the team, while helping foster a culture of candor and collaboration in a growing studio.
- Assist with facilitation and schedule management of daily scrums, sprint reviews/retros, and planning
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Team, and other Scrum Masters to help teams reach their sprint goals
- Participate in design, research, marketing, PR and planning meetings to provide feedback and insight
- Contribute ideas for new concepts, features and designs
- Collaborate with production team on studio-wide efforts to improve processes and foster a healthy culture at a team level
- Coordinate across various teams and development disciplines: programmers, artists, and designers
- Help identify impediments and cross-dependencies between teams
- Ensure bugs and QA related issues are communicated and addressed by engineers, programmers and other team members
- Projected to graduate by Spring 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., JD, or MBA degree
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with documentation, presentations, and mock ups
- Experience with bug tracking / task management software
- Experience with a school related game project or personal game project
- Experience working with various game development disciplines: programmers, artists and designers
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum and project management
- Must love games and is passionate to create them!
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
- Experience with team communication software such as Slack / Microsoft Teams
- Experience with games engines such as Unreal or Unity
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed