From setting new standards in IT, to attracting the finest talent, to building our brand, our central teams shape our ongoing success. Join us and you’ll not only support our people to do their best, you’ll be empowered to transform how we do business.
Your mission is to secure the product and solutions used to create the Metaverse with M2. You’ll focus on enabling our colleagues and customers to run their virtual worlds and events safely, scalably and effectively.
Using your experience with product and cloud security, you will directly support other teams helping them to design and implement security controls into their products or projects. While also designing wholesale solutions to critical areas of both product platforms that maximize security and reduce risk.
Working cross-functionally across multiple teams, you’ll become a security evangelist, aiming to foster and encourage a culture across the business that security is important to everyone, and why. You’ll take opportunities to promote this culture where you find it, from your work on pull requests to direct interactions with engineers.
You’ll grow other engineers and the wider business in the appreciation of security as a business enabler and a shared concern for all. Using your experience with product and cloud security, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical strategy for both platform and product security, as well as handling security incidents, whenever they occur.
Working on existing critical services to the business, you'll find ways to extend and improve the security aspects of our product offering. You’ll be involved both from early ideas (identifying gaps in designs) through to deployment and long term usage for a service or solution.
- Supporting the secure delivery of outstanding virtual worlds, events, or games
- Supporting our customers directly, to ensure their own solutions have the right level security controls for their needs
- Engage with engineers who are experts in their own fields and enable them to deliver more secure solutions to our customers
- Ensure our solutions deliver robust security controls so they are able to protect the valuable IP of our customers and the experiences of the players.
- Increasing the security maturity of our products and services.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Experience with security design and threat modeling.
- Experience of security consultation to both internal and external customers or partners.
- Experience developing & implementing security controls to help mitigate security risks.
- Software engineering experience ideally with at least one language. Experience with either Unreal would be a bonus
- Experience coaching and developing engineers in secure software development practices.
- Experience using modern engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Experience securing with Cloud Infrastructure such as GCP, AWS, Azure as well as other Cloud Native tooling.
- Experience designing securing on large scale distributed systems or securing APIs
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed