Playground Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Environment Artist, you will be working with the World Building team to deliver the content required for creating the immersive environment of Fable. You will be responsible for creating consistently high-quality environment art and raising the bar for content in our game. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
Our ideal candidate is an extraordinary Environment Artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in 3d modelling, texturing, scene composition, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Leads, Directors, and multi-disciplinary stakeholders, such as Level Design, Quest, Tech Art, and Lighting, to create the highest possible visual fidelity for the locations of our World that adheres to gameplay restrictions and needs
- Create high-quality environment content such as Props, Architecture, Geology, Foliage or Materials
- Contribute to creating Benchmarks for various Asset Types and define workflows and processes for obtaining the best results possible
- Coordinate and mentor less experienced artists
What you’ll bring:
- Full production cycle experience, with demonstrable work on published titles (ideally AAA).
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Environment Art work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Suite, etc.
- Strong knowledge of PBR techniques and asset authoring industry standards
- Great understanding of Art fundamentals and Design principles
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with photogrammetry and using scan data in your work is an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed