WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PLAYER AND USER LIVE SERVICES ENGINEERING
What We Do
Our Pulse (Player and User Live Services Engineering) group provides an increasingly excellent player and user experience by driving improvement in our engineering practices, technologies, and architectures. We do this by building and running programs, sharing deep analysis of risks and problems, and developing solutions that generally make our players happier and our engineering teams better. This role is a cross team production role supporting multiple teams under Pulse.
What You'll Do
We are looking for producers to join our Pulse team. In this position you will be responsible for handling and organizing processes so that engineers and analysts can do what they do best. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. Our work encompasses handling incidents and interrupt driven work as well as developing tools, processes, programs and campaigns to improve the efficiency of working at Epic.
In this role, you will
- Own the outcome - No matter the complexity or challenges, ensuring that our products launch and operate successfully. Meeting the daily needs of coordinating your team’s work are the basics. Delivering new features and services to end users and seeing complex features through the complete integration cycles with other teams are the fun parts.
- Own the schedule - Partner with discipline leads to determine time and people necessary to see projects through to completion. Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps considering dependencies across multiple development teams to ensure successful releases.
- Communicate - Provide transparency on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts from upcoming releases. Communicate frequently with the rest of the production team and project leads on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Support the team with all your production tools.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently and on time.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects.
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; Strong preference to applicants with development (programming, technical) and/or game development experience.
- Experience in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success.
- Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company.
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision.
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Cary, North Carolina
California (multiple locations)
Canada (multiple locations)
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed