WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Keep Epic’s networks, hardware, and people safe from security risks. Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and encryption programs. Document issues as they arise and assess & report any impact caused.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer for our Security Operations team to help
ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Games’ information systems. Working with
various security tools and technologies, you will help with aligning our security tools to best serve the
business, act as an escalation point for the Security Operations Center, and collaborate with other teams
to drive organizational projects across the finish line.
In this role, you will
- Leverage data from SIEM, EDR, and other tooling to understand the threats, incidents, and risks that impact Epic’s environment, and based on findings, recommend and make changes to the way Epic handles and processes security events
- Perform reviews of malware activity and engage in response activities as part of our Malware Defense program
- Investigate and respond to escalated security events and incidents using a SIEM
- Mentor and educate junior staff on security best practices
- Participate in quarterly projects aligning to Agile methodology
- Act as escalation point for Security Operations Center
- Recommend and implement detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts
- Aid in the creation of playbooks for our SOC Analysts
- Identify and create new alerts to aid in monitoring
- Evaluate performance of current SIEM rules and modify or implement new rules to provide accurate and actionable alerts for the SOC
- Participate in user story development and proof of concept testing for new tools
- Provide training and knowledge transfers to members of the Epic InfoSec organization
- Support the Incident Response process for escalated security incidents
- Participate in InfoSec’s on-call rotation to support the company after business hours
What we're looking for
- Solid knowledge of Information Security principles, technology, and control processes
- 5+ years of hands on Security Operations experience dealing with events and incidents
- General knowledge of Windows/Linux Operating Systems and networking
- Extensive technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Proficient with Google Apps
- Experience with SOAR platforms and automation tools
- Experience with malware analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing and technical documentation
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 attack techniques
- Industry-related certifications
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed