We’re expanding the team of Protocol Engineers working on Flow, a high-throughput, multi-node blockchain designed for internet scale. In this role you’ll build and evolve the systems and architecture for Flow, improving performance, scalability and throughput characteristics of the system in your work.
You understand the value of clear and performant code and want to define the leading solutions for the industry's most important problems. You understand that a thriving open source ecosystem multiplies your productivity. You’re eager for the opportunity to build a new category of computing platform. Together, we will establish a thriving software ecosystem bringing decentralized applications to an audience numbered in the billions.
As the ideal candidate, you have demonstrated expertise with distributed infrastructure development, as well as the curiosity and creativity to explore new approaches to complicated problems. You understand the value of developer-friendly infrastructure and are excited about breaking new ground in a quickly-evolving space.
A little about us:
Flow is the first blockchain truly designed with builders and mass market user adoption in mind. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow will be the foundation for the next generation of decentralized applications with notable partners including NBA, NFL, UFC, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Animoca and many other well known brands.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an often ambiguous environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Build an innovative blockchain as the foundation for an entire ecosystem of consumer applications, starting with games, collectibles, and the apps that interact with them.
- Defy accepted wisdom on the scalability of blockchain platforms.
- Design, develop, and deploy new systems that enhance throughput, latency, availability, and security.
- Apply cutting-edge research and new developments to daily work.
- Ensure that our work is ethical and values-driven to create a positive impact on the world.
Does this describe you?
- Demonstrated excellence in software engineering including exposure to distributed systems, scalability, and algorithms, preferably in Golang.
- Experience with technical leadership of engineering teams including mentorship and coaching.
- You are fearless in the face of ambiguity; Flow has many complex, unique technical problems to solve for in Flow for which there is no prior-art or help to be found in Google.
- Demonstrated technical design capabilities, architecting complex technical features despite ever-evolving product requirements.
- Focused on delivering impact and results to the makers and consumers who will benefit from this new ecosystem.
- Excited about joining an open and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems.
A little more about us:
At Flow we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering a flexible vacation and remote work policy with most team members taking 15-20 days off per year (but we have no hard limit). We also offer diverse opportunities for learning and development, an on-site gym and fitness reimbursement, and we are a dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote – Remote
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed