Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineering on the Video Broadcast team you will report directly to the VP of Video Clients.
You will work with product and platform engineering teams to understand product goals and customer scenarios in Live/Video On Demand media streaming domain (encoding/packaging/playback).
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT. It is remote friendly.
- Design, implement and deploy media platform features based on several streaming technology stacks (ie: WebRTC, HLS and RTMP)
- Solve challenges around real-time communication protocols interoperability
- Rigorously measure the impact of new features, learning from data and converting insights into improvements
- Improve tooling between client / server interaction
- 5+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Expertise with modern C++ 11 and up.
- Experience with building client and server broadcast solutions
- Bachelors/master's degree in computer science or Engineering
- Hands-on experience with real-time communication protocols like RTP/SRTP/RTCP
- Hands-on experience with streaming protocols like HLS/DASH
- Hands-on experience with WebRTC stack
- Have worked on teams that practice; Unit testing, TDD, or Agile
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $168,100 - $227,400 yr and in New York City is $184,900 - $250,200 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7602
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed