As a Senior Technical Artist, you understand the importance of fostering positive relationships with creative and technical disciplines, and you use your knowledge to act as a bridge between them. You work closely with development teams to advance their visual style, enable efficient creation and integration of game assets, and improve the content creation pipeline. As a team player, you’re always looking for new innovations to improve the functionality, efficiency, and usability of existing tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build tools and scripts for the art pipeline with an eye for optimization and industry best practices
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to ensure consistent technology, standards, and content creation
- Collaborate with artists to understand their needs to improve pipeline workflow and efficiency
- Collaborate with engine and gameplay teams to build features and solve implementation problems
- Support the creation and integration of game assets
- Help develop and enforce content creation and performance guidelines through tools, documentation, and communication
- Advance art quality through the pursuit and development of improved content creation methods
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Proficiency with Maya
- Solid understanding of Python and object oriented programming
- Ability to create artist tools that increase quality of art assets and streamline productivity
- Proficiency with a 2D graphics software package (Photoshop preferred)
- Deep multi-disciplinary understanding of art workflows and content deployment pipelines
- Experience working with at least one modern game engine
- The willingness to be a team player
- The drive to take initiative and thrive in ambiguity
- The creativity to find outside-the-box solutions for technical challenges and limitations
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, OR, TX, UT and WA or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Colorado Only: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $95,000 - $130,000 per year, plus annual bonus potential. Please note that the salary shown is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed