Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based developer known for the much beloved Horizon franchise, is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join its internal UI/UX Team.
Guerrilla’s UI/UX team enhances core game mechanics by creating unique, expressive and elegant ways to connect players with the information they need, in the best way possible and at the right time. All of the menus, HUD and other visual elements that the player interacts with in our games are conceptualized and designed by the team, in close collaboration with other disciplines.
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer who has a keen sense of design, strong abilities in creating painted interface elements, and the ability to deliver high quality consistently. If you think you have what it takes, be sure to reach out to us – we’d love to meet you!
What you will do
As a Senior UI/UX Designer on Guerrilla’s UI/UX team, we will look to you to:
- Create UI/UX designs concepts, wireframes visual designs or prototypes for Menu and HUD that realize the overall game vision and provide a truly delighting experience for all players
- Be a key contributor to define and improve our UI/UX Design system and guidelines
- Continually iterate on your designs and other areas based on your own research, team feedback, and direct player feedback
- Empower other team members by sharing your knowledge and experience and being a mentor to other members where necessary
- Enable others to work efficiently by writing clear creative briefs and providing feedback
- Help shape the player’s journey by looking at how different systems interact with each other and how the player will perceive them as a whole, either independently or together with your team members
- Use our in-house tools to implement designs directly into the game
Who you are:
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 4 years of experience in UI/UX Design for video games
- Are a master in digital painting (such as coloring, shading, and blending) and are comfortable with working with textures and brushes
- Have strong skills in graphic design (typography, iconography etc.)
- Are able to accurately convey an intended feeling through visual choices
- Can draw the eye of the player to a subject
- Actively think about clarity of communication and resolving ambiguities
- Understand the impact that visual choices have on how players perceive or process information
- Are style flexible, able to go from abstract and painterly to high detail realistic if necessary
- Understand the interaction-, and user experience design process as well as the qualities that make a UX design great
- Have a solid understanding of human psychology and how players engage with interfaces in videogames
- Are an empathetic person who is able to understand player feedback in order to create the best possible experience
- Are comfortable with complexity, restructuring it to be more easily understandable.
- Can work autonomously even in situations where not all information is present.
- Always keep accessibility in mind to ensure an enjoyable experience for as many players as possible
- Are passionate about games and creating them
- Enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines
- Understanding of Motion Design
- Affinity with creating 3D Art
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, please apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit a link to/PDF of your portfolio, your CV, and a cover/motivation letter that speaks to your reasons for applying with Guerrilla.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed