Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The Content Relevance team at Twitch is building systems and models that help build communities by connecting the right viewers to the right creators. Reporting to the Applied Science Manager for Content Relevance, you will partner with engineers and applied scientists to solve technical challenges related to training and serving ranking models. Your team's consumers include both backend services and other machine learning models, and you will design libraries, systems, and infrastructure to solve challenges in these areas at scale. You'll deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, and show good judgement on when to apply new techniques and technology to our problems.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA;, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Develop and extend capabilities in our model pipelines, doing work that spans MLOps, ML Engineering, and software engineering.
- Own technical projects from start to finish and be responsible for major technical decisions and tradeoffs.
- Produce clean, high-quality production codes, tests, and well written documentation.
- 3+ years industry software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of work experience building and operating large-scale production Machine Learning or distributed systems in the cloud. Bonus for experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)!
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, or C++
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $152,100 - $185,900 yr and in New York City is $167,310 - $204,490 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7756
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed