PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer In Test (Contract)
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time, by testing and analyzing the very technology our PlayStation developers use to build our best selling games?
We have an extraordinary opportunity working in cooperation with PlayStation R&D. We are looking for a motivated and creative engineer who can build the software required to verify PlayStation's software libraries. These software libraries provide the real-world graphics, audio, networking (and more) featured in the console games of tomorrow.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be directly contributing to PlayStation technology: by constructing new tools and tests to better analyze the systems and libraries in the PlayStation SDK ecosystem. In addition, we seek new ways to expand and improve our existing testing infrastructure. Come join us and work closely with your team to ensure the highest quality PlayStation Software Development Kit (SDK) projects!
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing the testing tools and frameworks used for ensuring high quality PlayStation® SDK components.
- Building and improving test infrastructure, simplifying deployment of building, testing, or demonstrating PlayStation® sample applications. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Crafting and developing test cases for PlayStation® SDK libraries using C++ and Python. For candidates with a computer graphics background, this may include testing modern real-time graphics systems and shader technology.
- Researching tools for building and analyzing PlayStation software.
- Assessing SDK technology quality with the support of other specialists. Make testing plans, samples, and documentation together with our software production, documentation, and remote offshore engineering teams.
Tools and Technology used in this position include
- Visual Studio.
- Continuous integration and containerization tools such as Jenkins and Docker.
- For those with graphics interest: PlayStation graphics libraries and technology.
- Proficient in Python programming. (Multiple academic or industry projects completed, 2+ years programming experience.)
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++.
- Experience building, running, and debugging software in Windows environments.
- Having a passion for automation with the ability to discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches.
- Computer graphics specialist knowledge is a strong plus:
- > Experience in implementing or optimizing rendering techniques such as deferred, forward+, shadow, or anti-aliasing on graphics API such as DX12, DX11, Vulkan, or OpenGL, using C++.
- > Understanding of modern GPU architectures and 3D graphics pipeline.
- Experience running and debugging scripts/tools on Linux.
- Prior experience with PlayStation SDK development is helpful.
- Writing unit and integration tests.
- Knowledge of fuzz testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine or other game engine technology.
- Machine Learning experience is another "nice to have": Understanding ML theory, architectures, and research. Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed