VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, USA, Canada, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Engineering team in Perth and currently looking for a Software Engineer to join the team.
What you should know about our Engineering team:
- We make room to do things the right way
- You own your projects: you build it, you ship it, you run it
- We were born in the cloud: practices and principles like CI/CD, IaC, O11y and CyberSec are part of what we do
When it comes to Learning and Development:
- Learning is part of our fabric. We have a world class Engineering Learning and Development program and we are passionate about career development
- Thought Leaders regularly give tailored talks and workshops for our team
- We are proactive in the community attending many local and international conferences; and when covid hit we held our own conference: Techtonic
- We have both a technical and management track for career progression and promotions
- We have a library of books and videos with good content and encourage staying on top of new practices
Our tech stack is AWS (EKS, RDS Aurora Postgres, S3) containerised in Docker, TypeScrip and Github.
What you will bring to the role:
- Robust coding practices including writing clean well structured code, automated tests, and managing source control
- Strive to improve the code base. Deep understanding of why design and architectural decisions are made
- Ensuring product features are being delivered effectively as measured by lead time, deployment frequency, change failure percentage, mean time to resolution and number of bugs in production
- Experience implementing and using event-driven architectures
- Cloud development (we are hosted on AWS)
- Containerisation (Docker and/or Kubernetes would be great)
- Strong fundamental knowledge of OO and Functional programming paradigms
- A collaborative approach to software engineering
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed