At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented Software Engineering Support candidate to join our Social Club team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem, and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security, and customer support – to engage with our players.
The Social Club Software Engineering team comprises Full Stack, Front End, Web Services, Build & Release and Test Automation Engineers. Successful candidates for this role will be embedded within a software engineering Scrum team, supporting a diverse range of needs. Responsibilities may include:
- Understand, troubleshoot, reproduce reported issues, and escalate priority issues appropriately within your team.
- Create and refine test plans for team deliverables, which may include a wide range of online services, applications, and game features.
- Test and provide feedback on your team's deliverables early in the development cycle.
- Utilize test automation frameworks.
- Write accurate and descriptive bug reports with clear reproduction steps.
- Triage and report on issues arising from monitoring systems. Work with teams and departments to provide and verify a resolution.
- Increase awareness of features or issues that require extra attention from QA.
- Assist in certification and sign-off of features that are ready for release.
- Collaborate with teammates to achieve shared goals. Coordinate as needed, with counterparts on other teams across Rockstar Games.
- Degree or industry experience working in software development or internet industries.
- Ability to accurately and descriptively write bug reports, including reproduction steps.
- Effective communication skills, research skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to debug and diagnose issues with unfamiliar code.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce or Git.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider IDE.
- Experience with QA procedures and methodologies.
- Experience with batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Scrum.
- A passion for technology and games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed