WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world in entertainment by continually redefining online events. Concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we’ve delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What You'll Do
As part of the Fortnite Team you’ll be working on an ambitious new project that aims to deliver content and experiences faster and in more flexible ways.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you’ll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge on-demand user generated content system. This platform will have the capability to deliver content to millions of users, within minutes of it being published.
Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
- Design and implement new engine runtime features for Fortnite, and the Unreal Engine itself
- Extend and improve existing engine technologies for use in Fortnite
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Improve the overall development efficiency of the team at-large
What We're Looking For
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and memory
- Experience shipping networked multiplayer games and a strong grasp of game engine concepts
- Excellent C++ skills, and ideally some familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with strong soft skills.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Keen interest in games
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed