Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Our team is looking for a passionate and dedicated Technical Director to join us and to drive the vision and implementation of technology used in our games!
In this role, you will be the most senior leader of our central technology team. You will help grow a dynamic engineering team that will help expand our digital gaming business. We’re looking for someone who will work with all of our game teams to build re-usable, extensible and robust solutions which help our teams deliver high quality player experiences. In your pursuit of establishing the direction of central technology at Wizards, you will level up the engineering team through mentorship and collaboration.
What You'll Do:
- Lead technology development across a wide range of domains.
- Partner with game team technical leads to define requirements for delivering supportive technology.
- Anticipate technical problems and risks, mitigate, and communicate status across team leadership.
- Partner with other leaders to review development plans, designs, processes, resource usage, time estimates, and project quality.
- Develop and mentor an outstanding engineering team - you lead by example through:
- Promoting and implementing software development practices and standards.
- Using KPIs and data to validate results and to ensure the team delivers high quality products.
- Encouraging dynamic and collaborative attitudes.
What You'll Bring:
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of proven experience in a technical leadership role building AAA games or in leading a technology team whose primary focus was AAA game development.
- Broad software-level knowledge of all domain areas for game development: gameplay, rendering, online, UX, etc.
- Authoritative C++, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with C# and other programming languages
- Effective collaboration experience with multi-disciplinary teams to implement data-driven solutions for large scale games.
- Deep appreciation for developer efficiency and benefits of KPIs.
- Ability to foster a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent decision making and attention to detail skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Unreal engine.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed