Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
As a Technical Manager at Sumo Bangalore, you will:
- Guide the founding engineering team at Sumo Bangalore by hands-on programming, tracking feature implementation and testing at a team level, while reviewing the completed work comprehensively
- Communicate effectively with the engineering team, project tech leadership across the Sumo group and relevant stake holders.
- Ensure the team follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across the projects
- Mentor teammates for all round programming and assist them with developing personal specialisms
- Contribute to all round team growth by exemplifying Sumo’s culture of excellence. Help hire and train engineering talent at Sumo Bangalore.
We need you to have:
- An expert at C++ programming and software architecture for games, proficient in other relevant languages.
- Good at implementing and owning complex systems from start to finish
- An effective cross-discipline and inter-studio communicator, able to inspire and guide teams and colleagues and maintain client relationships.
- Experienced in authoring technical designs and best practices
- Quick with master tools and development processes
- Proficient with planning work and meeting deadlines designated for team projects
- Possessing broad and deep knowledge of contemporary game systems, engines and PC/console platforms.
- Possessing in-depth knowledge of revision control systems with emphasis on Perforce.
- Proficient and pragmatic in debugging and profiling/optimization
- Self-motivated with high personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Quality-minded and goal oriented, with great attention to detail.
- Passionate about games and game technology.
To be successful, you need to have:
- Shipped multiple game titles in either a lead or senior role, with team performance management experience.
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in C++.
- Programmed in a range of development areas.
- A propensity to make systems and processes better.
- A desire to solve problems.
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed