We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department, we are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer.
You will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and advocators of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded within a game team on one of our top story-driven casual game. Additionally, you will work on cross-team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices and implement frameworks to continually improve the quality of our products. Leveraging your experience in automated testing you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and ensuring performance targets are exceeded.
About the role
- You will implement our QA automation strategy, by creating and increasing automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games.
- Your special focus will be on implementing Automated End-to-End Testing for game features and regression tests.
- Your contribution will be crucial in transforming manual testing into automated testing, together with game engineers and QA engineers.
- You will maintain and own the automation testing framework together with your Game team.
- You, with the assistance of others, will develop, create, and enhance automated tests.
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle.
- You have experience as a QA Automation Engineer with FrontEnd focus (game industry experience is a plus but not necessary)
- You have experience in C# and using NUnit for testing
- You are an advocate for quality, testing, automation, and DevOps
- You are a team player and value collaboration
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise to help the team improve
- You have the coding skills to learn and explore new tools, frameworks, and languages
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you’re keen!
This job is open for all seniorities!
Nice to have but not a must
- You have experience with testing in Unity
- You have experience in Game automation
- You are familiar with several FrontEnd test automation frameworks and tools, e.g. Visual testing, GameBench, and Appium (Selenium).
- Experience with testing on real mobile devices
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed