Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a User Researcher to join our User Research team.
Together with our User Research Manager you will work closely to collaborate with our production team on all current and upcoming projects. You will assist in the conducting, analyzing, and reporting of user tests to inform Game Design and drive impactful improvements in the usability and playability of Remedy titles.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- As a part of the User Research team you work with planning, conducting, and analyzing research studies. Tasks range from recruiting users, moderating tests, analyzing data, and writing reports.
- You will work with the teams within Remedy to define research goals, understand the intended design and ensure the research studies answer the right questions.
- You will ensure quality research and build trust in the research insights.
- You will gain a good understanding of Remedy's games in development, the needs of the team, the development pipeline, and design pillars.
- Summarize and communicate applicable test findings to key stakeholders and follow up to ensure their impact on design decisions.
What you bring to the role
- Degree in psychology, HCI, social sciences, or related field.
- You are experienced in conducting user research (usability, interviews, surveys, observation), within the gaming industry and technical knowledge regarding the tools and techniques is a plus.
- Experience organizing test events.
- Familiarity with a wide range of game genres, and a personal interest in video games is a plus.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have good analytical skills, great attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and are able to document your work.
- You thrive working in an environment where you share feedback and learn from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individually and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education, and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing a hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues. This role requires an on-site presence during playtests.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed