At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a UX Designer with great attention to detail and a passion for Human Centered Design principles and delivering user centered experiences. We are considering both mid and senior candidates.
WHAT WE DO
We work as a global UX design, UX writing and UI design team to create intuitive, effective, and engaging user interfaces across all Rockstar games.
We build bridges and foster close collaboration with teams across the business to turn the creative vision for the game into a seamless, high quality player experience.
We design for players and advocate for their needs and expectations by applying user-centered design methodologies to our workflows.
- Brief interpretation – able to dissect a design brief, identify knowledge gaps, additional information required, and objectives needed for the roadmap.
- Planning – choosing the correct deliverables for a project in collaboration with the necessary teams and wider business objectives.
- Process – understand, apply, and advocate for the users by employing user-centered design techniques and processes, from project initiation to on-going product evolution.
- Understanding – know how to interpret insights from existing and new research and how these apply to a project.
- Producing flows to demonstrate how an experience should function. These may be supported by the creation of complex interactive prototypes at various fidelity.
- Communicating complex architectures and content structures with clear diagramming and artefact creation.
- Collaborate and communicate with other teams continuously throughout the lifecycle of the project. Presenting work to stakeholders throughout project lifecycle.
- Always be aware of and learning evidence-based design methodology and ways to improve the work and design process.
- 2+ years' professional experience in a design environment, or in a similar capacity within the games industry.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, HCI, Human Factors and UX, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.
- Portfolio demonstrating applied UCD processes and full case studies.
- Experience in understanding complex content structures and designing and improving architecture for large scale systems.
- Problem solving for longevity and systems ready solutions rather than bespoke or one-off concepts.
- Strong creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Great communication skills to collaborate closely with our teams worldwide.
- Solid foundation and understanding of UX methodology and user centered design.
- Analytical and methodical in your approach to working.
- Build lasting relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Be proactive in your ongoing learning, skills development, and self-improvement.
- Proficiency in industry standard design tools (Figma, Framer, Adobe CC etc)
- Passion for playing and making games.
- A desire to share knowledge, expertise and help others improve their skills.
- Showing initiative when presented with a problem; even in moments when that problem is presented as a solution.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working on large scale enterprise projects and content management systems is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with complex information architecture and content strategy is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with compliance, accessibility for TV/GUIs/Console is advantageous but not essential.
- Multi-platform and omni-channel experience is advantageous but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed