ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are looking to recruit a talented Vegetation Artist to create and texture environmental vegetation assets for our game OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC
- Creating realistic natural environments, 3D models, textures and creating collision for the game environment, using libraries and creating new game environment vegetation assets
- Helping scope work for on-time milestone delivery
- Taking ownership of specific areas of content while providing actions to others as needed
- Work actively with designers and other artists to achieve the best look for the game
- Share knowledge of project tools and their functions
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist within gaming or a similar industry
- Previous experience in creating vegetation assets like trees, bushes, grass
- Strong 3D & 2D art skills with knowledge in 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance or other current technologies utilized in the production of game art
- Experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
- Possess a good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- A strong understanding of artistic composition, light and colour
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed