Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled VFX Artist to join one of our upcoming AAA projects. In this role, you will create high quality assets that enhance the player’s experience and bring life and spectacle into the game world. The ideal candidate must have an excellent grasp of particle systems, material creation, modeling and texturing skills, as well as a strong working knowledge of tools and skills listed below.
What You Will Do:
- You will be expected to create the highest quality visual effects, both in appearance and performance, while adhering to the project’s artistic vision.
- Collaborate closely with the tech, engineering, design, animation and art teams to create beautiful and believable effects that offer creative solutions to design challenges, add life to the game world, and create wow moments for the player.
- Implement your FX into gameplay animations and visualization systems.
- Work with engineering and tech teams to help establish pipelines for efficient creation and implementation of all visual effects.
Who Will be a Great Fit:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development as a visual effects artist.
- At least 1 shipped product as a VFX artist.
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting.
- Great painting, texturing, and 3D modeling skills.
Experience with real- time VFX, Houdini, Unreal Engine, EmberGen and procedural asset creation a plus
- Self-motivated, Self-directed, well organized, and a great team-player.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for making games.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed