1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
- A passionate engineer: You love to take on difficult technical problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A leader: You will be the Web Team Lead, responsible for not just our public user-facing sites, but also our Admin Portal (used by the Product team, Game dev team, Backend team, and Community team to power all things in our games in real time)
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, not because you are told, but because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks on hand
- A passionate gamer: You are a gamer who grew up playing games and can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Implement, improve and iterate on amazing UI/UX for internal web-based applications that power our live games.
- Create, update, and iterate on an amazing player-facing UI/UX for our game sites.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the web team.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative
- Strong eye for UI/UX & design of web interfaces
- Strong experience building and releasing high-traffic, scalable web applications
- Have built at least one scalable web application from scratch
- Also familiar with JS bundlers (Webpack/ES Build)
- Develop and manage modern data stores
- Write scalable APIs where necessary
- Debug and troubleshoot software efficiently
- Game development or industry-adjacent experience
- Experience working in fast paced environments (like small startups)
- Experienced with web analytics tools
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed