As a 3D Asset Artist at Riot you will bring weapons, props, and skins to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft 3D designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the 3D quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a 3D Asset Artist II on the VALORANT team, you will create new 3D assets for Riot’s brand new FPS title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D item and weapon content. You will also work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers, and will report to the 3D Asset Art Lead.
- Create 3D assets and ensure they meet constraints and requirements of the game’s needs
- Work with the Premium Content team and the Art Lead to ensure 3D model outputs meet stylistic and craft quality bars
- Provide art outsource feedback and spec definition up to 25-30% of allocated time, through syncs with Art Outsource Managers, written feedback, demos, and remote calls
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
- 4+ years of professional experience modeling and texturing weapons for first-person shooters
- Professional experience working with Maya and Substance Painter
- Strong understanding and ability to create stylized textures
- Experience working with mechanical functions for hard surface models
- Experience working with next gen asset creation pipelines and tools
- Ability to artistically interpret concepts or creatively push beyond an initial ideation
- Experience working and collaborating with with developers in various disciplines
- Experience working with Unreal 4 engine
- Experience working in one or more related disciplines - animation, technical art, visual effects, concept design
- Experiencing shipping a AAA title as a 3D artist, specializing in weapons
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).