Position at Creative Assembly
To work in-house at our Sofia studio located in Bulgaria, we are looking for a talented senior 3D character artist to create and implement characters and creatures and mentor associate character artists and trainees.
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating believable characters with the ability to produce stunning, high quality, efficient, real time game content.
As part of an award-winning team, you will create high quality characters and character components (including weapons etc.), from sculpting through to game res models, including texturing and geometry. You will also create blockout meshes for rigging. This role means that you will collaborate across the project and work closely with riggers/animators with skinning as required. You will be responsible for exporting assets to the game engine. With this role comes an opportunity to develop your professionalism by mentoring other character artists and trainees at the studio.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- At least one shipped game title
- Proven experience implementing game characters
- Expert use of industry standard tools, such as Max/Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush
- Experience with Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer
- A good communicator in both Bulgarian and English. You will be working in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- Expert low and high poly modelling and texturing
- Knowledge of games development pipelines
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Love and passion for games
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine will be a plus
- General understanding of XGen workflow
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.