Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a 3D Character Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Model 3D Characters for games on mobile platforms;
- Create both high and low poly meshes and texture resolutions;
- Collaborate with the Designers and report to the Lead Artist for tasks, training, workflows, tool requests and creative ideas;
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game styles and graphic styles (cartoon, realistic, illustration, pixel, etc.);
- Create artwork with aim to provide new, exciting and imaginative experiences for the player;
- Attend regular team scrums for reporting progress and discussing tasks.
- Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training;
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in 3D Art, in the games industry, primarily creating characters;
- Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS MAX (and Character Studio);
- Solid understanding of what makes a character’s identity;
- Solid observation skills and an eye for detail;
- Understanding of rigging and animation requirements;
- Ability to rig your own characters is a plus;
- Proficient in low-poly and high-poly modeling/texturing;
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and motion;
- Drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colours);
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Organized and independent;
- Ability to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks and manage priorities to meet deadlines;
- Video game enthusiast;
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.).
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP program
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter and art portfolio.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
I'm interestedCookies Settings
Job discovered on