Art Director, Digital Games
Wizards Of The Coast is looking to hire a Art Director, Digital Games at their Renton, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags AAA, Photoshop, Unity and Art.
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
How would you like to work with some of the best artists in the industry on exciting card illustrations? Magic: the Gathering is hiring a new Art Director to work on digital Magic games!
We’re Looking For
- A curious, highly engaged, and experienced visual creative who is immersed in fantasy art and video games.
- Someone who prides themselves on executing outstanding work through collaboration
- Looking to work with other hardworking creatives that share your love of pop culture.
- Excited by working directly with top illustrative talent and discovering emerging artists.
- Confident in translating others’ feedback into clear communication for other artists.
- Experienced with working within an established brand/IP while constantly looking to grow the brand’s visual expression.
- Comfortable with switching gears between creative concepts while maintaining a high standard of excellence.
In Studio X, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting broadly accessible and fun games for all our fans. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
What You'll Do
- Commission a high volume of artwork for digital cards: identifying freelance illustrators for each piece, providing continuous direction on individual pieces, and maintaining solid relationships with those partners.
- Lead freelance illustrators in creating concept art assets.
- Present creative direction and provide constructive feedback in meetings and stand-up critiques.
- Review digital-friendly files to ensure final card quality.
What You Bring
- A portfolio demonstrating strong creative vision.
- Knowledge of current digital fantasy illustration market/talent.
- Understanding of Magic as both a game and a brand.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership over commissioned work and concept art.
- Good skills in Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with content creation and game engine tools.
- Digital game art generation experience required; AAA game experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job discovered on 2/22/2020