Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced "Art Director" who won't just direct, concept, or share opinions on our games, but will also execute and produce game art themselves. Gaming is more than just a job for you; it's a passion, lifestyle, and healthy obsession. You're motivated to create the most engaging worlds mobile has to offer, and bring to life characters that players will love for generations to come. You know the best way to do this is hands-on, surrounded by game programmers, artists, designers, and others who share your passion and drive.
People successful in this role are intellectually curious and comfortable filling many roles on a team with minimal oversight. You thrive in an entrepreneurial and independent environment, and you're not afraid to take risks and trust in others. For this project, you probably should love anime and consume a lot of it - our team is excited about pursuing an art form that is similar to some popular series from the last decade. We're setting out to create an amazing new world, and we hope you will join us on our journey!
- Create beautiful characters, assets, and environments.
- Strong ability to develop anime 2D, 3D, and/or UI art for mobile games.
- Establish and refine a unified artistic vision, style, and quality standard.
- Team up with non-art developers to build and improve our games, emphasizing results.
- Collaborate with external art developers abroad, reviewing and integrating their work.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between art and design, and solve for the best player experience.
- Keep up to date with industry-related artistic developments and harness that knowledge for the benefit of our games and teams.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience as an art lead or art director.
- Strong understanding of cel-shaded games or high visual quality 2D anime games.
- Experience working with outsource partners as an integral and visually consistent part of the art pipeline.
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team.
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or mobile game development experience.
- Passion for creating anime and mobile games.
- IMPORTANT: For this position, you must submit a portfolio or demo reel showing relevant art direction and/or artistic skill. Additional artistic sampling (via test or other method) may be administered to final candidates.
- 2D, 3D, VFX, or Animation/Rigging experience at a major game studio.
- 10+ years of applicable games industry experience.
- Experience creating and optimizing game art for mobile devices.
- Bilingual: Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese (both oral and written).
Lionheart Games is looking to hire a Art Director at their Atlanta, GA location. Job contains the tags Maya, AAA, Rigging, Unreal, Senior, Lead, Motion Capture, Max, Modo, Blender, Cinema4D, Houdini, ZBrush, Mudbox, Photoshop, Painter, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Character, Environment, Animation, Concept, FX, Tech, Lighting and Graphic Designer.
Job discovered on 11/6/2019