Nintendo is looking to hire a Artist III (NST) at their Redmond, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Maya, Photoshop, Unity and Art.
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Works directly with senior and art leads to help
visualize and develop game designs.
- Takes ownership of a specialized artistic area of
a product’s development.
- May lead members of the art production team.
- Creates visual assets for digital entertainment
products that meet required direction and quality specifications.
- Creates illustrations, models, textures, environments,
objects and animations for 3D and 2D visual assets.
- Supports the growth of new or enhanced art development
tools and techniques.
- Ability to participate in company-wide activities
such as product review, analysis, and testing as required.
- Utilizes and maintains proficient knowledge of
required commercial and Nintendo proprietary art production tools.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze
and refine visual assets to ensure delivery of Nintendo’s high standard of
quality and timeliness.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 4 or more years of traditional and/or digital art
experience in game development.
- Proven artistic and technical skills in a
specialized area in the relevant field of art.
- Profound knowledge of interactive entertainment
methodologies, production pipelines, and Nintendo franchise art quality
- Strong communication skills to effectively
communicate technique to other members of the team.
- Proven proficiency with commercial 2D/3D art
production software (E.g. Photoshop, Maya, etc.) and current Nintendo
proprietary 2D/3D art production tools.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or
equivalent education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Job discovered on 3/12/2020