CloudImperium is looking to hire a Assistant Editor at their Los Angeles, CA, USA location. Job contains the tags .
As a member of the Global Video Production (GVP) team, the Assistant Editor will support staff and freelance Editors. In a technical and organizational position, the Assistant Editor will be responsible for all footage transfers and archiving as well as conform, mastering and final deliverables. This role will report to the Sr. Editor and work collaboratively with the Production and Post Production teams.
- Receive and transfer footage, storyboards, VO, graphics, and any other elements, re-name appropriately consistent with the department’s established file name structure, organize and distribute to Editors
- Export and QC deliverables to external vendors such as Sound and Color
- Conform and online assets and make final deliverables, including quality control checks
- Organize archival material and source footage for projects
- Create and prepare new projects for Editors and archive and maintain projects after completion.
- And other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- 2+ years as an Assistant Editor or similar position
- Understanding of codecs, raw video file formats, bit rates, color space, exporting, transcoding and compression techniques are a must
- Proficient in project setup, archiving video, delivery, and managing digital media assets
- Able to assist a team of on-site and off-site editors and other freelancers
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn the game inside and out and be a librarian for all footage received
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Familiarity with DaVinci Resolve
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games, LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Job discovered on 10/26/2020