Associate Animator (Temp)
WB Games is looking to hire a Associate Animator (Temp) at their Chicago, IL, USA location. Job contains the tags Temp, Motion Capture, Maya, Photoshop, Unreal, Lua and Animation.
The Junior Artist is responsible for assisting the Cinematics Team Animators on tasks relating to the facial animation pipeline. They will be managing and testing facial animation in-game and learning to tweak in-house and outsourced animation using Maya to obtain a higher quality.
- Validate facial animation works and looks correct in the game
- Assemble delivered facial animation into game ready packages
- Produce facial animation, or edit facial performance data
- Tweak delivered facial animation to achieve higher shippable quality
- Participate in team content reviews
- Assist in Motion Capture shoots as needed
- Troubleshooting and seeking solutions to issues
- Input on the facial animation pipeline and it’s practices
- Evaluating delivered content for technical issues and artistic quality
- Manage daily time to achieve all required tasks
- Previous internship or related position a plus
- Some amount of formal animation education such as BFA\\BS from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required. Applicants must have either graduated from or be enrolled in such a program.
- Familiarity animating with at least one Industry Standard 3D package required (Maya, Motion Builder,etc.)
- Familiarity in facial/body animation.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Premier, etc.
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Ability to take direction well
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Highly organized. Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and able to spot small mistakes quickly
- Familiar with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience with scripting
Job discovered on 7/23/2021